General Operations Manager:
Sioux City, IA and Other Locations
Axe to Grind specializes in competitive, indoor axe throwing--a new, fun and popular phenomenon that is sweeping the nation!
Axe to Grind is looking for a talented and experienced individuals to join our team in our Sioux City, IA location. The position of General Operations Manager is a Full-time, salaried position and the role will require weekend and evening work times.
Our Operations Manager will be expected to ensure the facility runs as well as it possibly can, with a smooth and efficient service that exceeds the expectations of our customers. The GM will manage the day to day operations of the business and customer experience while performing various administrative tasks and occasional community outreach efforts to market the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
-Maintain exceptional guest-centered culture which exceeds customer expectation
-Coach, inspire, support and motivate your team to provide a top-notch customer experience
-Supervision of all staff including training, measuring employee performance and performing performance improvement plan meetings
-Responsible for creation, management and enforcement of staff schedule
-Responsible for submitting and checking payroll hours for accuracy
-Maintain appearance, functionality and safety of facility
-Responsible for maintaining inventory and ordering supplies in a timely manner
-Communicate with all team members, support staff and owners on a regular basis to ensure efficient and effective business practices
-Hire/terminate staff as needed
-Fulfill any additional duties as assigned
Our Ideal Operations Manager Will Possess:
-High level of Interpersonal Savvy
-Ability to resolve conflict among customers and/or staff in a professional manner
-Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and non-verbal)
-Ability to exercise sound and fair judgment
-Detail-oriented and ability to maintain a high quality of work in a fast-paced environment
-Approachability, Trustworthiness, Honesty and a High Level of Integrity is Required
-Tech Savvy - Ability to use smartphones, tablets, and learn new software quickly and easily
-Ability to control a room/large groups
-Strong Leadership Skills a MUST
-Maintain a professional and polished appearance and demeanor
-2-5 Years Management Experience Required
-Experience in Sales/Customer Service Required
-College Degree Preferred
What We Offer:
-Competitive Salary with Bonus Opportunities
-An opportunity to advance or expand your career with company growth
-A chance to learn from leaders in the entertainment industry
-An opportunity to work for a company that sells FUN!
YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS IN ORDER TO BE HIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
A resume AND cover letter is REQUIRED to apply for this position.
Role description:Part Time 0 - 35 hrs per week
Our Coach’s role is to share Axe to Grind’s passion for axe throwing through the efficient delivery of a safe, entertaining and ridiculously fun experience to our customers. Demands will vary, with the position overseeing all facets of customer interaction with Axe To Grind from arrival to departure from our facility.
Specific duties include:
• Leadership: represent the face of Axe to Grind axe throwing to share our axe enthusiasm in a fun & professional manner.
• Coaching: help customers learn how to throw well enough to enjoy themselves.
• Operations: guide the smooth conduct of events, incl. tournament set-up, scoring, payment processing etc.
• Safety: ensure equipment is to standard, procedures followed, & first response delivered in exceptional cases.
• Facilities: support the entire Axe to Grind team get the job done, incl. merchandise sale, set-up/clean-up etc. as needed. Desired skills and qualifications:
• LOVES throwing axes (don’t worry if you haven’t tried – everyone does!).
• Strongcommunication skills; able to speak concisely and use humor effectively in a group setting. • Strong leadership skills; display high confidence and emotional EQ to manage group dynamics.
• Strong interest in coaching and teaching; enthusiasm for sharing new experiences with others.
• Excel in a team environment; foster a culture of respect, comradery and inclusiveness for ALL guests and staff.
• Strong results orientation; do what needs to be done, and take initiative to prevent problems before they occur.
• Experience working in entertainment, hospitality &/or recreation management environment is a plus.
Job Type: Part-time
• Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience:
• Hospitality: 1 year